jump to navigation

A Simple Test October 11, 2008

Posted by Ruzter in Assembly.
trackback

I started by using a dial gauge to measure the size of the steps. Turns out they are exactly 0.005 of an inch on the x and y axis and 0.00025 of an inch on the z axis. I may be able to improve this by double by changing how I am wiring the motors.I would however loose about 20% of the torque.

I got Kirsten to push as hard as she could against the x-axis as it was moving (transit speed, least torque) and she had to push as hard as she could to stall the motors (really lean into it). They are impressive considering I am temporarily running them on 5 volts instead of the rated 8 volts!

With the x-axis belts temporarily clamped on and all the stepper motors temporarily wired up, I did a little test in anticipation of letting the CNC cut its own belt clamps.

I am very happy with the results! The cuts are straight and accurate. Here is the belt laid in the grooves.

Advertisements

Comments»

No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: